AAC Cargo Services Supervisor
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: February 16, 2021
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Aloha Air Cargo
Responsible for supervising and/or managing the daily cargo handling activities of Aloha Air Cargo, and the ground handling staff. Under the direction of departmental management the incumbent will supervise the freight operations and implement approved processes that ensure customer satisfaction. The Supervisor – Cargo will interact with all levels and departments within the company, as well as external organizations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Monitor the performance of the freight service function as provided by Aloha Air Cargo employees. This responsibility may include the following:
- supervision of flight handling (loading/unloading aircraft, weight and balance, dangerous goods and special cargo)
- accurate documentation
- knowledge of governmental agency regulatory requirements
- coordination with other Aloha Air Cargo stations, and departments on all cargo matters
2. Facilitate daily activities by identifying problems and recommending solutions to maintain proper compliance with company standards and goals.
3. Attend job specific training as required.
4. Conduct and monitor on-the job training and development.
5. Other administrative tasks may include some required budget assistance; payment processing, personnel activities, and staff scheduling.
· The ideal candidate has a minimum 5 years job-related experience, proven leadership skills, organized, with great attention to detail.
· Must possess a complete understanding of the freight operations with the ability to act as a lead person.
· High level of own initiative, motivation to participate in further training and knowledge transfer, interest in knowledge management and experience of innovative problem solutions.
· High level of excellent computer skills.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.