737 Ground Instructor
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Other
Publish Date: October 1, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
SUMMARY: The B737 Ground School Instructor ensures Flight Crew training is conducted in a safe, effective and efficient manner in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and company policies.
NOTE: This is a supplemental position working on an as-needed basis. No benefits are provided. Teach periodic mulit-day ground school classes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for instruction of pilots for ground school training for Initial, Recurrent, Transition, Upgrade and any other required aircraft training courses
- Measure training progress of students within the established curriculum
- Evaluate progress and performance, issues and problems; prepare necessary documents and reports
- Conduct training tasks including lesson planning, classroom and simulator set-up, upkeep of current aviation publications and instructional materials
- Complete required training records in an accurate and timely manner
- Work effectively with students from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain currency on regulations, departmental and company policies, and methods of training.
- Maintain productive relationships with flight crew members, Manager of Pilot Training, Vice President of Flight Operations, Chief Pilot, Assistant Chief Pilots and all other key Company stakeholders
- Maintain confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requires prior experience as a ground instructor.
- Requires a broad knowledge of US aviation regulations, standards, and practices and applicable US/foreign regulations including those of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Experience as a pilot in the B737 aircraft is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse employees at all levels.
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
· Need excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as government regulations, collective bargaining agreements, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write reports and correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information to groups. Able to respond to questions from pilots, management, regulators/outside agencies, vendor partners and other stakeholders.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Computer skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and talk or hear.
· Manual dexterity is required for word processing, compiling reports or input for manuals, working with numeric data composing memoranda or other similar tasks.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.