Senior Tax Analyst
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time+
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: November 9, 2020
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, this position will be responsible for the coordination and completion of certain of Saltchuk’s corporate income tax compliance and reporting requirements. Such requirements include federal, state, and foreign income tax returns, tax provision reporting, tax research, long-range tax planning, and special projects.
- Obtains necessary information and prepares/reviews federal, state and foreign tax returns.
- Performs research on technical tax issues and writes technical memoranda documenting conclusions.
- Assists with income tax provisions, monthly and quarterly estimated tax payments computations and monthly tax account reconciliations.
- Assists with identifying and implementing process improvements and procedures for the tax function.
- Working with the Senior Tax Manager, manages federal, state and international income tax audits.
- Assists in monitoring and interpreting U.S., state and foreign tax laws and evaluating their impact on Saltchuk and its affiliates.
- Maintains awareness of tax law changes and updates.
- Collaborates with other members of the Saltchuk companies’ finance teams on the analysis of tax implications of potential new investments and/or acquisitions.
- Assists in identifying significant tax problems and/or opportunities relating to the company’s operations, including research and development of solutions/strategies.
- Communicates status of assigned work to the Senior Tax Manager. Initiates timely action on technical, scheduling and other problems and brings recommended solutions to the Senor Tax Manager’s attention.
- Performs all other assigned duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Masters in Taxation or LLM is preferred but not required.
- CPA certification preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a public accounting firm or corporate tax department
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate federal income tax, state income tax, and tax accounting principles.
- Computer operation skills: advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills, knowledge of Windows environment, and experience with tax return software such as OneSource.
- Skills in analytical thinking, problem solving, planning/organizing, decision-making, and follow-through.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and produce an accurate and organized work product.
- Ability to utilize existing procedures and suggest process improvements.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and under deadline pressure, ability to set priorities and schedule work, willingness to accept new responsibilities.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relations, ability to work closely with others, ability to cooperate with others in a manner that recognizes the importance of teamwork in achieving company goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualified candidates should click “apply” and send resume with cover letter.